A. Policy Name: MERS insurance for foreign visitors
B. Period: 2015. 6. 22. – 2015. 9. 21 (3 months)
C. The Insured: Foreigners who visit Korea for tours (working permit, permanent residency, and foreign flight/cruise/ship attendants are excluded)
▴ Exclusions: Refer to the attachment.
D. Procedure: Foreign visitors will be automatically insured upon entering the country.(There is no separate procedure.)
E. Coverage:▴ The insurance pays 5 million KRW in compensation for any foreign visitor who is confirmed with MERS within 20 days of their entry▴ The insurance pays 100 million KRW in compensation for any deaths that occur within 20 days of diagnosis.
F. Inquiry: Inbound team of the Korea Association of Travel Agents▴ Daehoon Seo, Ah-young Kim, Byungseon Heo▴ TEL. +82-2-6200-3904, 3923, 3910
Please be informed that foreigners who visit Korea with a working permit or have permanent residency, and foreign flight/cruise/ship attendants are excluded from this policy. (However, if they are a temporary resident, i.e. a C-2 visa holder, they are covered under this policy.)
1. Visit the Middle East within 14 days before entering Korea, or their diagnosis with MERS is confirmed after leaving Korea
2. Are diagnosed with MERS and it is confirmed before entering Korea, or are placed in isolation because of a risk of infection
3. Or their family members are deliberately infected with MERS
4. Are infected with a mutated virus which was not found in Korea on their day of entry
5. Do not follow normal arrival procedures when entering Korea. For example, they do not go through the immigration office or are not granted entry into Korea
6. Visit the medical institutions* announced by the government as to where cases have been found, or are transferred through such institutions
*As of the day they visit the medical institutions
1. Middle East : The Arabian Peninsula and its neighboring countries – Bahrain, Iraq, Iran, Israel, the West Bank, the Gaza Strip, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Syria, UAE, Yemen, etc…